Make a statement with a fun weekend project that will bring a great first impression to your home! By adding some color and eye-catching detail to your front stoop, you are sure to make your home stand out among the rest.
Paint is one of the easiest and cost efficient additions to your front door. Sometimes, all it takes is a pop of color! Here are some unique and fun colors that we love:
Color is not the only option you have when thinking about dressing up your front door and surrounding area. Here are some other great ideas:
1. Hang a wreath. Change it out according to season with different flowers and leaves. Or make a DIY family letter that can stay up year round.
2. Add a personalized door knocker. Add an engraved door knocker with your family name. See here: http://www.your-door-knocker.com/engraved-door-knocker.html
Or, consider adding detailed door knockers that make a statement.
3. Light up the area. If you don’t already have front door lights, add them! If you have them, consider adding a pop of color. Matching the color of your door to your lights can make a great statement.
4. Add planters. Colored and textured plants can add great detail and catch the eye. Add a nice ceramic pot that you can easily switch the plants out of. Consider tall grasses to add height, or twinkle lights during the holidays. Add hay and pumpkins during the Fall.
5. Add your address with vinyl stickers to your front door! Don’t waste money getting it etched into the glass. Add vinyl numbers to the glass or front portion of your door. Also add greetings such as “welcome” or your family name. You can find vinyl stickers that are cheap, modern and easily replaceable if your style changes. Here are some ideas of front door vinyl stickers: http://stores.ebay.com/TheStickerHut/Front-Door-Decals-/_i.html?_fsub=2055668014
Remember, your front door is the first thing that people see. Make a good first impression by adding some easy, inexpensive changes. If you are listing your home for sale, these tips are especially important to consider. Make potential buyers want to step in your front door, and see the rest of your home!
For any questions about home staging or curb appeal, please contact us at: 651-269-3487 or Sandy@SandyErickson.com
Sandy Erickson Real Estate Team of Keller Williams Integrity Realty