We all know that Minnesota is the “Land of 10,000 Lakes”, although there are really over 11,000 Lakes. The ten largest lakes in Minnesota are as follows:
1. Red Lake (Upper & Lower)- 288,800 Acres
2. Mille Lacs Lake – 132,516 acres
3. Leech Lake – 111,527 acres
4. Lake Winnibigoshish – 58,544 acres
5. Lake Vermilion – 40,557 acres
6. Lake Kabetogama – 25,760 acres
7. Mud Lake (Marshall County) – 23,700 acres
8. Cass Lake – 15,596 acres
9. Lake Minnetonka – 14,004 acres
10. Otter Tail Lake – 13,725 acres
If you are familiar with the Duluth area, Lake Superior is a very large lake. However, the lake is only partially in Minnesota. Lake of the Woods is another very large lake, but only partially in Minnesota.
Lake homes and cabins are very popular in the Minnesota area. However, many people that live in the Twin Cities travel up North a few hours to get to the lake! There are over 150 properties near the Twin Cities for sale that are considered lake front properties, and we have the list below!
Click the picture below to view over 100 lake homes in the Twin Cities starting from under $150k:
Now ask yourself… why would you pack up the car and drive a few hours just for a few days, if you could live on a lake everyday? We think being close to the city and having a home on a lake is truly the best of both worlds!
Please contact us for any questions or details on a specific property:
Sandy Erickson Team of Keller Williams Realty