5 Reasons Why You Should Sell Your House During the Winter Season
Winter is not traditionally regarded as being the best time to put a property on the market, so most sellers opt to wait until Spring arrives when they expect greater interest from buyers. But times have changed! Spring tends to be the busiest time for real estate overall, but that does not make it the best time to sell. Why?
- With fewer listings to choose from in the winter, your home faces less competition then during the busy Spring season. This increases the chances that showings will turn into offers. You can expect a flood of new inventories in the first quarter of 2015 and as supply increases, the likelihood of you getting an offer at an acceptable price decreases.
- Buyers have more time to look for homes when they are likely to have time off work
- Some people are eager to buy before the end of the year for tax reasons
- People who look for homes now are serious buyers! They won’t be dissuaded by the weather like “Spring shoppers” who are just curious, but not really looking to buy.
- Buyer’s emotions tend to run high during this season as they look for a new home to celebrate the Holidays in. You can help garner these warm feelings by having a decorated home ready to show off just how welcoming your home really is.
- Interest rates remain incredibly low this year. Savvy buyers will be taking advantage of this while it lasts. By Spring, the interest rates may be rising! Lower interest rates also allow buyers to afford a more expensive home than they could with high interest rates – a win-win for both buyers and sellers!
Winter is not the dead zone of real estate anymore! Call me today to learn what your home is worth! 651-269-3487 or fill out the form at: http://sandyerickson.com/atj/user/CMAFormGetAction.do Take advantage of the market this winter!